2198597 Refrigerator Ice Maker is an Original OEM Whirlpool Ice Maker replacement for your Refrigerator.
The 2198597 features 8-cubes per batch of ice and has a specially designed Ice Stripper that allows the ice to slide from the ice maker into the ice container that is located directly in the freezer door.
This Whirlpool 2198597 Ice Maker is the direct replacement for 25cf - 27cf Models with a vertical ice bucket in the freezer door.
Replaces Part Numbers: 2198678, 1016069, AH869316, AP3182733, EAP869316, PS869316, 626663, W10122502, W10190960.
The 2198597 Is Found For The Following Models.
Installing the Whirlpool 2198597 Ice Maker
- Turn off the power supply to the ice maker by pushing the switch (located on the wall just below the ice maker) to the off position.
- Carefully remove the ice maker cover door by pushing the left bracket to the left from the top.
- To remove the wire cover, remove the one screw from the upper right rear of ice maker area.
- Then slide out your ice maker as you hold in the locking tab on the left side of the mounting bracket area.
- Remove the ice maker by unplugging the unit on the right and place on a table or workbench.
- Then flip the ice maker to remove the screws that hold the bottom mounting tray.
- Now use the same screws to fit the new ice maker to the mounting tray (bracket) and follow the above steps in reverse order to install new ice maker.
- Now simply switch on the ice maker and wait for some ice.
Follow such simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself. Now sit back and enjoy your ice.
Easy to install ice maker Review by Alex65
Overall Shopping Experience
I just want to say thanks to waterfiltermart for their tech guy who helped me figure out what was wrong with my ice. The 2198597 ice maker was just what I needed, and the price & free shipping was great. Thanks again. (Posted on 10/15/2016)
Whirlpool Ice Maker W10122502, 2198597, 2198678 Review by admin
Overall Shopping Experience
As we all know, the ice maker of a fridge is usually the first part to stop working. The Whirlpool ice maker would be perfect for replacing your broken ice maker for letting you enjoy some amazing ice again. You can simply order it online from us and replace it yourself and save yourself from getting ripped off.
This 2198597 ice maker comes in a well packed cardboard box with bubble wrap and multiple layers of packaging paper.
You just need to remove your old ice maker and slide in this new Whirlpool Ice maker to get a fridge full of glorious ice. A perfect OEM part for your fridge to give you the longevity you’re looking for, which comes at half the price as that of the local stores when you decide to purchase it online from us. (Posted on 8/31/2015)