Has Quick Connect
Whirlpool W10408179 Dual Ice & Water Valve
Has Quick Connect Water Inlet and Water Outlet Ports.
Replaces Part Numbers: 4389177, 2186486, 2188622, 2188708, 2188746, AH3497634, EAP3497634, AP5263471, PS3497634, 2205762, 2255457, 2304757, 2304833, 2315534.
Installing the Whirlpool W10408179 Dual Ice & Water Valve:
- Slide refrigerator out enough for you to get behind and work.
- Disconnect power and turn off water supply to refrigerator.
- Remove screws off holding the back cover.
- Remove (2) 1/4" water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Cut water tubes close to each port where they connect into old valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Next insert water tubes respectively into ports of new water valve.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach (2) 1/4" water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make sparkling ice & deliver clean water.
Follow these simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself without having to pay for a mechanic for such a simple task.
Original Whirlpool W10408179 Refrigerator Dual Water Valve Review by admin
Price Value Quality
This is a dual water valve updated by the manufacturer which can perfectly replace 4389177, 2205762, 2304757 with added features ensuring a quick connect push-in-style water connections. The product weighs a little more than 1 pound and is certainly compatible with genuine whirlpool refrigerators parts and accessories including Maytag, Admiral, Roper, Jenn-air and many more. This is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) water inlet valve and comes in a well packed cardboard box with multiple layers of bubble wrap & packing paper. (Posted on 9/1/2015)
Write Your Own Review
- Product Questions & Answers
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!