|Has Quick Connect Inlet Port - 5/16" & 1/4" Quick Connect Outlet Ports.|
Whirlpool W10408179 Dual Ice & Water Valve AP5263471Has Quick Connect Water Inlet and Water Outlet Ports. Replaces 2186486, 2188622, 2188708, 2188746, 4389177, AH3497634, EAP3497634, AP5263471, PS3497634, 2205762, 2255457, 2304757, 2304833, 2315534.
Installing the Whirlpool W10408179 Dual Ice & Water Valve:
- Slide refrigerator out enough for you to get behind and work.
- Disconnect power and turn off water supply to refrigerator.
- Remove screws off holding the back cover.
- Remove (2) 1/4" water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Cut water tubes close to each port where they connect into old valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Next insert water tubes respectively into ports of new water valve.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach (2) 1/4" water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make sparkling ice & deliver clean water.
Follow these simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself without having to pay for a mechanic for such a simple task.
Original Whirlpool W10408179 Refrigerator Dual Water Valve Review by admin
Price Value Quality
This is a dual water valve updated by the manufacturer which can perfectly replace 4389177, 2205762, 2304757 with added features ensuring a quick connect push-in-style water connections. The product weighs a little more than 1 pound and is certainly compatible with genuine whirlpool refrigerators parts and accessories including Maytag, Admiral, Roper, Jenn-air and many more. This is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) water inlet valve and comes in a well packed cardboard box with multiple layers of bubble wrap & packing paper. (Posted on 9/1/2015)