Amana WP12544002 Water Valve
FREE S&H THIS ITEM
Amana WP12544002 Dual Ice & Water Valve (Primary)
Used for Side by Side Ice and Water Models That Also Use The 12002193 (Secondary) Dual Valve.
Replaces Part Numbers: 12544002, AP6005463, PS11738512, AH11738512, EAP11738512, 8171096, 915068, AH2007678, AP4013716, EAP2007678, PS2007678.
Installing the Amana WP12544002 Dual Water Valve:
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Disconnect water supply at valve by unscrewing compression nut.
- Disconnect water tubes connecting to each port (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Now to install water valve.
- Connect water supply line tighten nut untill snug.
- Next connect water tubes respectively and tighten nuts until snug.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screw(s).
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make ice & deliver clean water.