Maytag Amana IC11B Ice Maker Kit
Amana / Maytag IC11B Ice Maker Kit
Includes: W10190978 Modular Ice Maker, Cover, Mounting Bracket, 4-Pin Male Flat Plug Wire Harness, Large Style Wire Shut-Off Arm, 67003753 Water Valve, 67001255 Ice Bucket and Installation Parts.
Installing the W10190978 Ice Maker:
- First you need to remove the three mounting screws that hold ice maker to freezer wall.
- Then disconnect the electrical wire harness from the freezer wall & remove ice maker unit out of freezer.
- You should be all set to install the new ice maker.
- Plug in the new unit and re install the mounting screws to freezer wall.
- Now it’s all done and ready to freeze.
Installing the 67003753 Ice Maker Water Valve:
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect the supply water line.
- Disconnect wire harness at solenoid of valve.
- Cut ice maker water tube close to outlet port where it connects to old valve.
- Remove old water valve.
- Now to install new valve.
- Insert water tube as far as possible into outlet port of new ice maker water valve.
- Tug on the water tube to make sure it's seated properly.
- Attach wire harness lead to the solenoid coil.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach mounting bracket screw(s) to frame of refrigerator.
- Next connect the supply water line. Tighten nut snugly.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator backinto place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make some sparkling ice so you can relax and enjoy your favorite cold beverage.
Follow these simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself without having to pay a repairman for such a simple task.