Replacement OEM WPW10272869 8-Cube Upper Front Mount Ice Maker is for certain side by side refrigerator models and produces 8-cubes per batch. This style ice maker has a specially designed Ice Stripper that allows the ice to slide from the ice maker into the ice container that is located directly in the freezer door.
WPW10272869 Icemaker for Whirlpool Brands
New - Better Lasting - Better Design Mechanical Icemaker than the Whirlpool style modular ice makers. This Universal Brand WPW10272869 Ice Maker Assembly is an approved replacement ice maker for your refrigerator.
Comes with a One Year Warranty!
This Upper Front Mount Ice Maker is for certain side by side refrigerator models and produces 8-cubes per batch.
Replaces Part Numbers: W10272869, AP6018305, EAP11751607, AH11751607, PS11751607.
Installing the Universal Brand WPW10272869 Ice Maker
- Turn off the power supply to the ice maker by pushing the switch (located on the wall just below the ice maker) to the off position.
- Carefully remove the ice maker cover door by pushing the left bracket to the left from the top.
- To remove the wire cover, remove the one screw from the upper right rear of ice maker area.
- Then slide out your ice maker as you hold in the locking tab on the left side of the mounting bracket area.
- Remove the ice maker by unplugging the unit on the right and place on a table or workbench.
- Then flip the ice maker to remove the screws that hold the bottom mounting tray.
- Now use the same screws to fit the new ice maker to the mounting tray (bracket) and follow the above steps in reverse order to install new ice maker.
- Now simply switch on the ice maker and wait for some ice.