WP2188785 Dual Water Valve (Secondary)
FREE S&H THIS ITEM
Whirlpool WP2188785 Dual Water Valve
Has 1/4 inch Quick Connect water inlet port. 1/4 inch & 5/16 inch Quick Connect water outlet ports.
Used on models which also use the Whirlpool WPW10498990 Water Valve.
Replaces Part Numbers: 2188785, AP6006064, PS11739128, EAP11739128, AH11739128, 2219592, 2210516, AP3890667, 1194744, AH1483955, EAP1483955, PS1483955.
READ THIS PRIOR TO ORDERING:
If your refrigerator has a built-in water filter, then it may have (2) water valves (Primary) & (Secondary).
This Secondary Valve has (2) control solenoids to allow the control of water flow independently to the ice maker or to the water dispenser.
If your refrigerator is equipped with a water dispenser and also an ice maker -AND- one of them works but the other one does not THEN ---->THIS VALVE IS MOST LIKLY YOUR ISSUE.
Installing the Whirlpool WP2188785 Dual Water Valve:
- Slide refrigerator out enough for you to get behind and work.
- Disconnect power and turn off water supply to refrigerator.
- Remove screws off holding the back cover.
- Remove water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Cut water tubes close to each port where they connect into old valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Next insert water tubes respectively into ports of new water valve.
- Tug on the water tube to make sure it's seated properly.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make sparkling ice & deliver clean water.