Quarter Turn Base Grille Water Filter
2pk $66 Free S&H
Whirlpool 4396508 Water Filter - Quarter Turn - Located Thru Lower Front Grill.
This refrigerator filter has been tested and certified by NSF International against ANSI / NSF Standards 42 and 53. It has a Flow Rate of 0.5 (gpm) and is made of carbon block material. It is recommended by the manufacturer to change your filter every 6-months or 200 gallons. When it comes time to replace, after removing you will need to slide the cap off and re-use it on the new one before installing. It is a great idea to completely flush the system with a couple of gallons of water from the dispenser area. You will not need any tools for this repair. Size approx. 11 5/8 inches (length) x 3 inches (diameter)
Used to fix the following Symptons:
Not dispensing water
Ice maker not producing ice
Leaking at filter or water dispenser.
Replaces Part Numbers: EDR5RXD1, 4396508, 4396508P, 4396508T, 4396918, W10790820, WF-NL500, WF-NL300, WF-L500, W10141392, NL500, NL300, NL300, NL-500, NL-300, NL 500, NL 300, AP3182816, PS879461, AH879461, EAP879461, 1017291, 4396547, 4396509, 4396163, 4392857R, 4392857, 2255519, 2255518, 2203220, 2200203, 2203980, 2186444, Kenmore 9085, 9902, 9908, 9010, 4396510, 4396510P, 4396510T, 8212652, 4396548, 4396164, 4392922, 2255709, AP3672633, 1038683, PS896755, EAP896755, 2203221, AP5983565, PS11722132, AH11722132, EAP11722132.
4396508 Replacement Instructions
- Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counterclockwise
- Pull the filter straight out (the water will shut off automatically)
- Remove the reusable color-keyed Filter Cap from the end
- Discard the old filter
- Slide the Filter Cap onto the end of the new filter
- Push the new filter into the fridge until it stops
- Twist the filter a quarter-turn clockwise
- Reset your 'change filter' light (if your fridge has one)
Resetting Your Filter Change Indicator
- Press the light switch (the one that the refrigerator door presses each time you close the door) 5 times within 10 seconds.
- OR: if the refrigerator has a filter button, press and hold it for 5-10 seconds.
Maintenance For Refrigerator Water Filtration System.
- Flush Filter with Water from Dispenser (Approximately 2 gallons) until Water Runs Clear and air is purged from system.
- Write the date of installation on the filter and mark your calander for 4 - 6 months as a reminder to Change Your Filter.
The Whirlpool 4396508 Water Filter is found for the following models.
INSTALLATION GUIDE for EDR5RXD1 FILTER 5