Dual Ice & Water Solenoid Valve
Whirlpool W10408179 Dual Water Valve
Has 1/4 inch Quick Connect water inlet port. 1/4 inch & 5/16 inch Quick Connect water outlet ports.
Replaces Part Numbers: 4389177, IMV708, 2186486, 2188622, 2188708, 2188746, AH3497634, EAP3497634, AP5263471, PS3497634, 2205762, 2255457, 2304757, 2304833, 2315534.
Installing the Whirlpool W10408179 Dual Ice & Water Valve:
- Slide refrigerator out enough for you to get behind and work.
- Disconnect power and turn off water supply to refrigerator.
- Remove screws off holding the back cover.
- Remove (2) 1/4" water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Cut water tubes close to each port where they connect into old valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Next insert water tubes respectively into ports of new water valve.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach (2) 1/4" water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make sparkling ice & deliver clean water.
Follow these simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself without having to pay for a mechanic for such a simple task.