WPW10498990 (Primary) Water Valve (5/16") Outlet
Whirlpool WPW10498990 (Primary) Water Valve 2188784
Has Quick Connect 5-16 Outlet
Used with models that also have the WP2188785 (Secondary) Water Inlet Valve. and also models that have the WPW10349187 (Secondary) Water Inlet Valve.
Replaces Part Numbers: W10498990, AP6022336, PS11755669, EAP11755669, AH11755669, 2188784, 2210515, 2219594, AP3886547, AP5669576, 1174277, AH1155473, EAP1155473, PS1155473, IMV-990, w10342318, K-77999.
READ THIS PRIOR TO ORDERING:
If your refrigerator has a built-in water filter, then it may have (2) water valves. If your refrigerator is equipped with a water dispenser and also an ice maker -AND- one of them works but the other one does not THEN ---->THIS IS VALVE NOT YOUR ISSUE.
This valve (Primary) would only solve an issue affecting both the water dispenser and the ice maker (as this primary valve controls the main water feed to the filter which feeds the Secondary Valve)
The Secondary valve would have (2) control solenoids to allow the control of water flow independently to the ice maker or to the water dispenser.
Installing the Whirlpool WPW10498990 Single Coil Water Valve 2188784:
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect the supply water line.
- Disconnect wire harness at solenoid of valve.
- Cut water tube close to outlet port where it connects to old valve.
- Remove old water valve.
- Now to install new valve.
- Insert water tube as far as possible into outlet port of new water valve.
- Tug on the water tube to make sure it's seated properly.
- Attach wire harness lead to the solenoid coil.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach mounting bracket screw(s) to frame of refrigerator.
- Next connect the supply water line. Tighten nut snugly.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make some sparkling ice & Water so you can relax and enjoy your favorite cold beverage.