W10833899 Whirlpool 12490801 Ice Maker Water Valve (IC6)
Included in the IC6 Ice Maker Kit.
Has: 1/4 inch Threaded Water Inlet & 1/4 inch Quick Connect Water Outlet Port.
Replaces Part Numbers: 12490801 10524601, 10524602, 10524604, 10524606, 8170448, R0000214, R0130867, R0000214, 4344266, 4344401, 10524601, WR57X10039, 10524602, 10524604, 10524606, R0130867, AP4013326, AH2007308, EAP2007308, PS2007308, YR0000214, AP5985825, PS11726315, AH11726315, EAP11726315.
Installing the Whirlpool W10833899 - 12490801 Ice Machine Water Valve:
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect the supply water line.
- Disconnect wire harness at solenoid of valve.
- Disconnect outlet water line.
- Remove old water valve.
- Now to install new valve.
- Connect outlet water line. Tighten nut snugly.
- Attach wire harness lead to the solenoid coil.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach mounting bracket screw(s) to frame of refrigerator.
- Next connect the supply water line. Tighten nut snugly.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make some sparkling ice so you can relax and enjoy your favorite beverage.