W10853654 Dual Ice & Water Valve
Whirlpool W10853654 Dual Ice & Water Valve
Has 1/4 inch threaded water inlet port. 1/4 inch & 5/16 inch Quick Connect water outlet ports.
Replaces Part Numbers: K-75384, 2188778, 2188924, 2155062, 2181706, 2181707, 2181729, 2181730, 2181731, 2181926, 2181927, 2182106, 2188676, AP5989758, 4369900, EAP11731255, AH11731255, PS11731255.
Installing the Whirlpool W10853654 Dual Water Valve:
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Disconnect water supply at valve by unscrewing compression nut.
- Cut water tubes close to each port where they connect into old valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Now to install water valve.
- Connect water supply line by reconnecting the compression nut tightly.
- Next insert water tubes respectively as far as possible into ports of new water valve.
- Tug on the water tubes to make sure their seated properly.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screw(s).
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make ice & deliver clean water.
Follow these simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself without having to pay for a mechanic for such a simple task.